All dash warning lights flashing

Its a Volvo 740GL 1989. When you start up the car, all the warning lights start flashing at about a 2 second rate. I guess its the voltage regulation, as I hear the engine fan speed up and slow down at the same rate as the lights flash. Funny things is that after the car is driven for a few minutes the problem goes away. Am I right that this would be a bad voltage regulator? Is it integral inside the alternator on this car, or external? Then again, the dash lights are not just pulsing from dim to bright, they are actually all going from off to full on, and you can hear a relay in the engine compatment click with each pulse/cycle. I just got it so I am not familiar at all with it mechanically.

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

Eject! Eject! Eject - oops , you've gone already.

Reply to
Dave Rock