Alldata DIY bad product

Greetings:

Here's a heads up, for those who might be considering Alldata DIY as an info resource for your Volvo. I will paste a letter I sent to them. Buyer beware!

"Greetings:

You should examine your Alldata DIY website to compare what you are offering pre-subscription, versus what you actually deliver once a customer selects a vehicle and subscribes. I subscribed to Alldata DIY for a 2002 Volvo V70 Cross Country, expecting to get the information you listed as available, and offered in the 'demo'. The information that you had available for the car I selected was severely deficient in subject matter and detail compared to what you led me to believe would be available. Your sales pitch was deceptive compared to what you actually delivered, and I demand an immediate refund.

Regards, Jim Brown"

Regards, Jim Brown

Reply to
Jim Brown

I had the same experience w/ alldata about 1-1/2 yrs ago. Very limited info. It seemed they created the model/year section for my volvo and slowly added (scanned) in info and pics. But, when the year subscription expired, it was finally containing useful information. I guess if I wanted to join for another year, it would be good but if your car doesn't already exist, there will not be much information. When you can't find info, try again in a month or two and it may be available. If your car already exists, probably reasonable site but if not, your year will create the data.

Reply to
highersire