Alternator Belt Routing

OK, I know there's a diagram out there somewhere. Not under the hood, so I'm looking for one on the web. My volvo is a 740 turbo, auto trans,

1989.
Reply to
Katrina

The alternator belt only goes around the alternator and crankshaft pulley. There's a belt for AC There's one that does the power steering and waterpump/fan Note that there will be one empty "belt slot" on the waterpump/fan and on the AC compressor.

Reply to
Mike F

Wrong.

It goes around the alternator, the water pump pulley, and the crankshaft pulley, yes?

Reply to
Mr. V

Seems like a simple matter, but your info on belt config really saved me a headache. thanks. Chris in Ca.

Reply to
climbr109