alternator replacement - S70

Hi All, I have a replacement 100 amp alternator in hand and have noticed it did not come with a pulley. I did not expect this, but it is probably common. Naturally I will remove the old pulley and put it on the replacement unit. This brings me to my first question. What is the proper torque for this pulley nut?

I have taken some quick measurements and find the shaft diameter is 17mm, the nut that was provided is a 24mm and is rather thin at only 8mm thick, which appers to me to be a jam nut. I am sure that many are out there that have been put on with an impact tool at who knows what amount of force. I would prefer to do things right. Of course another issue is how to lock the shaft in position while the torquing is being done. I have looked and found that nothing that looks suitable to securing the shaft from rotating while the nut is torqued on, except a small internal spline in the end of the shaft itself.

Can anyone offer torque specs for the other bolts that will be removed and replaced in the process?

I have a Chiltons manual that covers this car and find it lacks a lot of the details. it does have some step by step photos showing that look like it will get me to where I can access the alternator now in place.

Help much appreciated

Reply to
newtovolvo