American lense on European Turn Signal housing?

Howdy folks

Has anyone ever tried to put an American turning signal lense on the housing of a European turn signal unit? I'm living in Europe, like the lenses that are used in America (the oranje reflector from top to bottom) but would like to keep my original (European) wiring and reflectors (two bulbs).

BTW what kind of plastic are these lenses made of?

CU Mathy

Reply to
Mathy Van Nisselroy

klh in VA

What car? I know with the 740 they're completely different, I went the opposite way around by necessity of converting to E-code headlamps. You can get aftermarket lenses, I've seen them on European Volvos.

Reply to
James Sweet

Hi, Atleast for the 200-series, the lense will not fit directly! However, you can buy the complete assembly on ebay for approx. 20-40$! (if it's the new type 240 lense).

Mathy Van Nisselroy wrote:

Reply to
Olav Alexander Mjelde
Reply to