another 88 240 wagon fixup question

I forgot to include another problem in the list I posted a little while ago for my '88 240 wagon with auto transmission. With a warm engine the car often stalls out with little or no gas applied at very low speed such as pulling in or out of a parking space. Should I try to adjust the idle speed which seems a little low, replace the fuel filter, other?

Ray

Reply to
Raymond Cruz

Pull the hose on front of the Idle Air Motor and spray silicone in it. If that doesn't work, pull the intake hose from the throttle body and clean it with carb clean. Could be the TPS switch needs adjusting. The B230 has a very narrow fuel window and requires routine maintaince to keep it functioning properly. It is something you can learn to do and only takes a few minutes. Do it every 5000 miles.

Reply to
Rod Gray

Reply to
mw156