Antenna for 240 Wagon

Hi! I have a 1993 240 wagon, which I cherish. This wagon has a stationary antenna, the kind that screws on and off the mount. A few weeks ago I discovered that not only had someone stolen the antenna, but, in addition, instead of simply unscrewing it, they had wrenched it off, which also took off half the mount as well as the antenna.

I know these antennas are hard to come by, so I was extremely fortunate that same week to find someone selling one of them on eBay, complete with mount. I just recieved the antenna set this week, and it looks great. I took just a cursory look at the existing, damaged mount, and it wasn't obvious to me, in that brief look, how the apparatus is removed.

Keeping in mind that I'm a person who's certainly competent, but not automotively or technically gifted, is this something that I can replace myself? Or am I better off paying a qualified mechanic to do it for me? Suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Patricia

Reply to
Patricia Butler