Any thoughts on the S-60 AWD?

I test drove one the other day and was impressed. I am a 41 year old real estate agent and would like something fun, sporty, and a little different... S60 seems like a contender, at a minimum! I know it would be a poor choice for those days I am hauling a whole bunch of people around , but that is few and far between; usually I'm alone or with one or two other people. And I drive a lot these days, so fun would be nice! I owned a '92 240 for several years and like Volvo's.

Thanks in advance!

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

Welcome to the club - I've owned Volvo's since 1984.

The S60 is really nice, but unless you need AWD I would save some money and go for a FWD model. You will find a FWD to be a big improvement in wet weather traction over a RWD 240.

Reply to
Roadie

make sure you sit in the back and note the leg room....esp if you will take clients in the car....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Check the turning radius of both the 2 wheel drive and the AWD.

The S60 is a pretty nimble vehicle. BUT, with AWD he radius is terrible, parking in a normal grocery store parking lot has to be planned.

Ohterwise, the engine in light turbo form was rated as better than the Lexus 6 cylinder by Car & Driver a couple of years ago.

n 25 Feb 2007 17:36:37 -0800, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:

Reply to
V70 T5