ATT: Glenn Klein 2008 XC70 Reset Service Indicator

What is the procedure to reset the the oil change service indicator? The old method does not apply- no key to turn

John

Reply to
someone

On The 2008 XC70 we need to use the volvo computer in the service department shop to reset we have all tried all the old ways there is no way to reset the service indicator. Glenn Klein Volvo Certified Technician 2008 ASE Certified Technician 2008

Reply to
Glenn K

Reply to
Notroll2007

try this..

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002- The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on. Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):

-Ignition position I

-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer

-Ignition position II. Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.

-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset. Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.

-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded

-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds. Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

Reply to
Bob Furlonger

Here's a method I found on Volvo Forums. I have not tried it so I don't know if it really works.

  1. start the car. the time for regular maintenance light will appear.
  2. press the button to shut the car off, the time for regular maintenance light should still be on the screen.
  3. breifly press the start/stop button, the dashboard will become brighter and the service light will still be on. [you are now in position I]
  4. press the odometer button first then quickly press and hold the start stop button until all the idiot lights appear, when this occurs you can release the start stop button.
  5. while still holding the odometer button wait until the orange Information icon flashes, when this occurs release the odometer button and you will here an audible signal that the reset has occured.

Your radio station presets will be lost after this reset so if you have any stations you like write them down before hand.

Reply to
G. Bannister