(Audio) Connecting non-Volvo head unit to Volvo amp

I've read of Volvo owners wishing to change the stock Volvo audio amp in their cars, and as a result needing to procur a lead that has the Volvo 6-pin DIN AMP connector at one end (coming out of the Volvo head unit), and the 4 RCA speaker connectors at the other to go into the new non-Volvo amp.

Some have made their own, but Autoleads (in the UK) now makes such an adaptor, the PC3-14 I believe.

BUT ... I want to do the exact opposite. I have a new non-Volvo head unit, which I want to plug into the existing Volvo amp in my '93 850SE saloon. I need to take the RCA pre-amp outputs from the head unit and plug into the 6-pin DIN connector on the AMP.

Presumably, the PC3-14 is a mirror image of what I need (at the DIN plug end) and so won't be of use. But I'm loath to make an adaptor up myself cos I'm cack at stuff at like that.

Any suggestions? (he says shooting in the dark!). Any off-the-shelf solution I can bring to bear?

TIA.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Cormie

I have heard good things about Crutchfield Audio, where they supply ready-made harnesses perform this type of installaiton, I think they are at Crutchfield.com

Reply to
vinran1

They are, and I've ordered from them several times. Prices are average, customer service is fantastic.

Reply to
James Sweet

I would second that review on both points!

Reply to
Steve n Holly