Automatic Cetral locking

Does anybody know if I can get my central locking system to automatically lock when I'm driving faster then e.g. 10 mph.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Filip Heens

You could do it but unless it is a standard feature it would be messy and/or cost. It often helps to mention what car your talking about as well :)

AJS

Reply to
AJS

Why on Earth would you want to do this?

And yes, what the other poster said. You could probably do this, but it wouldn't be easy.. on ANY Volvo (well.. actually.. you could probably cannibalize the cruise control stuff on an older RWD model).

- alex

Reply to
Alex Zepeda

I usually want the car locked when I am driving through towns at less than

10mph - thieves open doors. After 10mph I don't see the point.
Reply to
Geoff Pearson

My W Reg T5 has a switch on the windows control panel in the drivers door which does this but manually operated.

Regards, Brian.

Reply to
brian

I just installed a keyless entry/alarm system on my 760 that locks the doors

5 seconds after the key is turned on, and unlocks the doors when the key is turned off. It was a 7002Pro from Bulldog Security
(This replaced a generic system I'd installed shortly before that wasn't worth the money. This one works great!)

While it isn't related to the speed of the vehicle, it does lock/unlock automatically.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony Flint

I had the same question for my new XC90. My other cars over the last 5 years or so have had the option that automatically locks the car when the shift is moved to Drive, it is extremely nice given the rash of car jackings. It is extremely difficult to get in the habit of manually locking the doors (meaning, it does not happen often enough).

I considered it an extremely valuable feature, and assumed any luxury car would have it (my previous cars were American Minivans).

Is there any programming changes that can be done? I read in the manual that some remote functions can be changed by the dealer, (like unlock taking 1 click for all doors, not 2, anyone know how to do this either? the Dealer is an hour away)

Dave

Reply to
David J. Botticello Jr.

So basically you think it's something that could indeed save your life.. but you can't be bothered to do it on your own? Yikes. You do realize that the glass on your SUV isn't bullet proof? I'm sure you can find a used minivan pretty cheap...

- alex

'85 244 Turbo '84 245 Turbo

Reply to
Alex Zepeda