AW70 Oil Level Check

_____ Hello Volvo owners,

I have a 1981 240 wagon with an AW70 transmission. What is the /correct/ method for checking the transmission oil level? I hear about two methods:

1) Start cold engine, check xmission dipstick COLD mark with car standing on level ground 2) Run car until at engine is at operating temperature, then check as per above, but note HOT mark on dipstick.
Reply to
jch