B23E Queries

A couple of queries folks.

  1. The air pipe from the filter box to the bottom of the injection system has a restrictor in it. Will it have any adverse affects if I replace this with the full size pipe from an earlier model?

  1. What about getting rid of the intake restrictor behind the grille? (Long plastic trumpet gizmo)

3 I know the old engines had plastic flame traps that clogged but this one has two metal pipes with some sort of restrictor inside. Are these replaceable or do you simply clean them out in degreaser?

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
PM

That's to give a venturi effect, providing some vacuum to work the EGR system.

That helps to prevent rain and snow from getting into the air filter box.

Metal pipes = EGR??? Assuming 1981 or newer, under your intake manifold is a black plastic box that is the oil trap. Follow the hoses coming out the top of it, that's your PCV system. For 1980 and older, the PCV starts with a hose coming out the left side of the valve cover.

Reply to
Mike F