Bloody Haynes manuals

Evening all,

Some kind soul broke the aerial off of my 940 wagon. According to the Haynes it's a simple matter of removing the trim panel, undoing the retaining nut and dropping it into the car - yeah right!

Having stood in the pi**ing rain and followed the manual, would the sodding thing budge?..........

Anybody got any tips?

Ta in advance,

Skin

Reply to
Lynyrd Skinhead

Apologies if you've seen it before - but you might be interested in what the Haynes Manual *really* means - as found at

Bonnet Lock

hehe, I've actually found the Haynes manuals to be a good reference. Note I say reference.

I have also noticed errors in the Haynes manuals, but hey, you could go and spend a LOT more money on the original factory manual.

Is there not a bottom support for your antenna?

Reply to
Myron Samila

LOL! Gawd, I needed a good laugh, and that's it!

Tanks, Bonnet, I gotta go get a bigger hammer now!

Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang) 1992 VW Passat (Taxi) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk)
Reply to
Ron /Champ 6

ROFLMAO - so true. I followed the Haynes way to change the bulb behind my heater controls using the "new" book for 740's (the light blue one made out of bog paper) It had me removing virtually the whole centre console before I twigged all I had to do was pull the 3 rotating switches off and pull the plate off. Bulb right underneath plate. Bastards !!!!! By the time I discovered that, I had the whole centre console in the passenger seat.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Is this a power antenna? Often there's lots of corrosion at the mount which makes any work back there a real pain.

Reply to
Mike F

My favourite is, "Refitting is in the reverse order of removal, except you curse in different places."

Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
Spiggy Topes

A scorn frenchman no doubt. You should try to piss off your gay lovers more.

LOL, good to know.

Yeah, get a life and a real car.

Reply to
Remi la Blu