Brake system ???

I have a 1980 264 and need to replace a caliper. Is there a way to tell which system by vin ? If so where can this info be gotten at? The tag is missing.

Mike E

Reply to
mikejxms

Which caliper? You can visually identify them. You generally should replace them in pairs per axle. I've also fixed them by disassembling and cleaning out all the passages, they just bolt together.

Reply to
James Sweet

I need to replace , fluid running out. Need to find out if ATE or Girling? Plan is to replace all capilers and rubber lines etc.

Mike E

Reply to
mikejxms

I seem to remember that the Girling caliper had a big "G" cast into it. Andy I.

Reply to
Andy

Thank you. Will look over the weekend .

Mike E

Reply to
mikejxms

Reply to
edasduke

I am tring to match to what is in the car now, but do not find the info to do this. If you can be a help, I thank you. If this info is in the vin, where? How do I decode to tell if griling or not?

Mike E

Reply to
mikejxms

wrote

Good old Rockauto... I refer to them quite often:

on "More Info" brings up pictures of calipers. From their listings, your front calipers will be Girling, then either solid or vented rotors. The rears can be Girling or ATE.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Thank you for the help [ info ].

Mike E