Broken 240 Fuel Injector Electrical Connector 240

I was trying to pull the electrical connector from the top of the fuel injector and one of the 2 wire ends came out of the connector and is up in the plastic sheathing. Can I cut that insulation off and push it back through the connector or can the wire be unplugged from wherever it connects at the other end and replaced? Or should I cut it off in the middle, find a replacement in a salvage yard, and use solderless connectors to reconnect it (ugly option)

Reply to
DL152279546231

Replace the loom complete with one from a wreckers yard.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

In article , snipped-for-privacy@aol.com by DL152279546231 dropped his wrench, scratched his head and mumbled,

Spray silicone on the sheathing, slide the boot up over the sheathing, pull the wire and connector out far enough to inspect it, bend the little retaining lock tab back into position and replace it in the connector housing. Reinstall on injector.

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench

This did the trick although I did it before I read this thread and did not know to use silicone on the boot, would have been much easier.

Please see my other thread "more fuel injector woes"

Thanks Anthony Memphis TN

Reply to
DL152279546231