Bulb Failure Relay in a '93 240 Wagon - How do I get to it ?

The bulb failure light is constantly lit on my dash. I've already replaced all bulbs in matched sets, as I've been told Volvos are particularly sensitive to having mismatched bulbs. Problem is still there. I want to inspect (and replace if necessary) the bulb failure relay.

Can anyone please tell me how to get to it on my 1993 240 wagon ?

thanks!

MM

Reply to
Mr. Squid

It's right behind the dash panel below the left hand side of the instrument cluster. If you are quite flexible then you can remove the underdash panel and reach up to remove it. It's mounted horizontally in a death grip metal clip. A red round cylinder about two inches long. Myself I have to remove the knee bolster cover (two plastic [lugs to reach the screws) and knee bolster (four screws)to reach it. I believe all the fasteneres are T30.

Bob

Reply to
User