Bulb out Warning light, 89 240 wagon

The bulb out warning light comes on ONLY when the brake pedal is pressed AND the headlights are on. ALL light are functioning.

Any ideas to help me in the beginning of my journey through the Volvo electrical systems!

Danny

Reply to
Danny

Including the high level brake light?

Reply to
David Taylor

Yes, the high level brake light is working and I have more information. According to the owners manual, the left and right side parking lights are on seperate fuses. In my car, the left and right parking lights AND the light that lights up the "P" at the gear selector are all running off one fuse. Furthermore they are running off one connector on that fuse with a double white wire off it. Sounds like somebody's been messin' around in there!

Danny

Reply to
Danny

Check all the bulbs.Replacing the bulbs with brass base bulbs can cause the bulb failure light to illuminate.Also dirty sockets. Or corrosion on the tips of the bulbs. The bulb failure circuit checks the total resistance on the lighting circuit to determine which circuit the fault is on so you only get the problem when the headlights are on and you press the brake pedal. Replace any brass base bulbs with Volvo bulbs Clean all the fuse holders for any lighting circuit and the tips on the fuses as that can also add resistance to the circuit.

Reply to
Rod Gray

sound like my '88, last year as i was ready to take it in for an inspection, the right taillights weren't working, the fuse was good but they weren't getting power, so i ran a wire from the left taillights,they work fine but the bulb warning light stays on. i learned later that the bulb failure warning unit is most likely bad, but as long as the lights work i can ignore the light. with

300,000 miles, im not spending anything on it that i don't have to.
Reply to
Islandguy77554

Why not just go to a junkyard and drop a few bucks on a new bulb failure sensor?

Reply to
James Sweet