C70 ETS light

Have a little problem, hope one of you lovely knowledgeable peope can help.

I have a 2002 2.0 LPT C70.

On sunday the ets light came on and the car limped along very slowly not going over 3000rpm.

I called the breakdown service and they had a look but the diagnostic check showed nothing.

We limped home and were told a few tests to do, the result of which was when the MAF sensor was unplugged the engine picked up and ran normally... for a while before slowing down and making the same chugging sound on idle.

The cruise control still works which is apparently a sign that the ETS unit, which has the original white sticker, is fully operational. Any ideas would be greatly received and appreciated folks.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
top

Sounds like you need to visit your local Volvo dealer it seems that the ETM is going bad

Reply to
Glenn Klein

thanking yoo very much.thats wats gettin checked now...the TSP was gubbed..and maybe the ETS THANKS.X

"topless" wrote: > Have a little problem, hope one of you lovely knowledgeable > peope can help. > > I have a 2002 2.0 LPT C70. > > On sunday the ets light came on and the car limped along very > slowly not going over 3000rpm. > > I called the breakdown service and they had a look but the > diagnostic check showed nothing. > > We limped home and were told a few tests to do, the result of > which was when the MAF sensor was unplugged the engine picked > up and ran normally... for a while before slowing down and > making the same chugging sound on idle. > > The cruise control still works which is apparently a sign > that the ETS unit, which has the original white sticker, is > fully operational. > Any ideas would be greatly received and appreciated folks. > > Thank you in advance.

Reply to
topless