C70 power seat stopped working

My 98 C70 seat stopped working recently. No power function works, but the drivers side is OK.

Has this happened to anyone else? The fuses and connectors are good, as I checked.

Thanks

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Lesperance

My passenger seat just stopped working the other day. I checked the same things you did. I have an appointment tomorrow with the Volvo dealer for a repair. I had someone getting in the back and they pushed the seat up the whole way and it never came back. Too bad they don't have a manual override for at least moving the seat back and forth. Good thing it was not the driver's seat.

Andy

99 C70 HT

Jeff Lesperance wrote:

Reply to
A Thomas

I never had to uninstall them. The car I worked on, we just defeated the switches by disconnecting them. As I remember there was on at the base of the seatback, the other near the lever you use to fold the seatback forward. When we figured out the problem the customer went the cheap route, leaving the switches out of the circuit.

Reply to
Mike F