can a AW70 replace an AW72

I have a 1990 765 TiC and my transmission is failing...my options appear to be rebuild or replace. I have contacted a guy who had a 1990

744 and is parting it out. The transmission is available and I believe it to be an AW70, the question is, will it easily replace an AW72?

any insights appreciated. Mike

Reply to
ChampaignTurbo

Yes, they're pretty much the same transmission.

Reply to
James Sweet

I should add that the AW70 is supposedly not quite as strong, but IIRC the older turbos used them.

Reply to
James Sweet