Can't Open Hood on My 240 DL

We have a 1988 240 DL wagon.

I live in Pennsylvania so it was very cold this past week.

I noticed just this morning that when I went to pull the lever to pop the hood that it would not open.

I tried to pound the hood thinking that it might be frozen but I think it might be stuck for some other reason.

Anyone have any "tricks of the trade" to get the thing to unlatch?

Thanks!!!!

Reply to
444

Climb under the front of the car, might have to put it on jackstands depending on how it's parked. You should be able to reach up behind the bumper up behind the grill and work the mechanism by hand or with a screwdriver, it's quite possible that it's just firmly iced up though, if water pooled in there somehow it could freeze it pretty solid.

Reply to
James Sweet

You may need to remove the plastic duct that guides spoiler air through the rad first.

Reply to
Mike F

Try having someone push down on the hood while the other person pulls the hood latch cable pull. Have them keep pulling while the other person that was holding down the hood tries to lift it up,

Reply to
Dave