Car Hesitates Under Acceleration

Hi

I have a 1994 440 1.8 (single point injection). Just recently it has started hesitating when accelerating. It seems to occur when the engine is under load (ie, accelerating in 3rd from 30mph). Accelerating up through the gears does not seem to be a problem.

The best way I can describe it is that the car gives a 'hiccup' (maybe once, maybe more), but once the revs have climbed a little all seems well.

Any ideas where I should start looking?

Ade

Reply to
Adrian Marks

Ignition system would be the first point of call I think.

How old are the spark plugs, leads, dizzy cap etc?

It could be lots of other things, but I'd start with changing the plugs and leads unless they are fresh.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs