CD Changer connector on 1994 Volvo 850

I was puttering around under the rear deck last week, when I noticed a small plug (about the same size and pin-outs) as the modern PC mouse and keyboard connectors (not serial or AT formats).

I'm assuming that this is the CD changer connector.

Question is: what brand-name CD changers can I look at that will supply an adaptor plug that works?

The current price on a Volvo-supplied changer is $1KCdn, a lot more than I'm willing to pay.

Reply to
Byrocat

Do a little research at

and/or

Mike F

The CD changer I had installed earlier this year is a USA SPEC (Thats the only name I can see on it, and even that might be off by a letter), it works with the standard head unit in my 94 850, but as the guy told me when I bought it, it's a bit pricey at about $300.00 Sorry I cant get my melon head in the trunk far enough to see what the model is, but it did as I remember it, just plug in and works with the factory head unit.

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

My mistake, now that i think about it, they ran the adapter cable from the new CD player to the Head unit in the dash and it plugged into the back of the head unit so I guess this is not what you are looking for.

Sorry

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

Guess that I'll drop in on the local graveyard (Cookstown or Victoria Square) and see what they have. May get really lucky...

Reply to
Byrocat