central locking

please please please cam somebody help me i have spent so much time doing up my 440 gli g reg and i like everything that is supposed to work WORK. i cant suss out the central locking, i have changed the door motor, checked all the fuses, changed the relay (well i think it was the right one) and nothing happends when you unlock the drivers door you can here a slight electrical click coming from the motor swith in the door but no other doors unlock or lock. I havnt got much money so i cant afford to take it to a garage aand i am pretty handy with a tool kit. Please could someone tell me where the relay is so i can be sure i changed the right one and any other idea,s you good people might have. Thanks Graham

begin 666 happy.gif M1TE&.#EA#P`/`+/_`/______`/S\`/KZ`-?7`)R

Reply to
G Margrie

Most likely reason is a broken connection, either the wire core broken where it flexes at the hinge interface, or a connection point corroded by moisture within the door. You will probably need the wiring diagram, and a continuity tester. Enlarging the commonly available (Haynes, etc) diagrams on a photocopier can make them easier to follow. Good luck

Reply to
GEOFF.POPE

Our G reg 440 has similar problems. Investigated contact in rear left door - was only one that did not co-operate and found nowt. Left it alone after sealing all up. Then only front 2 doors worked.... then it started to lock/unlock itself as we drove along, sometimes 12 times in about 40 seconds. Now given up on it. The central locking works the front 2 doors. The boot and 2 rear doors we use key or open from front. Tis an old lady and she's best left alone. THEN a few months ago the front drivers door lock jammed when the small protective metal hinge/flap disappeared inside it. Got a local Volvo fan to replace handle/lock for £20 all in. He knows alot about Volvos and had a look at the central locking but gave up after an hour. If the car is used by mainly one driver then let her be!!

You could try the UK Volvo forum/group at

Mad Sad Dad

I would check the wiring harness that comes out of the frame and into the door. With years of continuous flexing , the wires can break internally, causing varoius odd problems.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray