Central locking problem volvo v70 xc

vOVO V70 XC 2.4 2000

I have have a problem with my nearside door locking,when I press the fob it depresses the doorbutton but it dosent stay down it pops back up after a second, all the other buttons remain depressed/locked.Can anyone suggest an answer. many thanks, DOOG

Reply to
doog

My 2001 S80 does the opposite; it never fails to lock but when unlocking when the fob is pushed once the door momentarily unlocks then locks again. The second push unlocks all the doors. The drivers door never fails to unlock on the second push. People tell me the lock motor needs replaced. I am resigned to live with it.

Reply to
Allen

It may just need to be lubricated, I suspect the lock is not quite reaching the end of travel, this is detected, and it pulls it back. I've never opened the lock motor on a car this new, but those in the 240/740 are really simple devices.

Reply to
James Sweet

It sounds like I need to get into that door. The window mechanism squeals when it goes down; Glen says the inside cover has to come off to lubricate that. One of these weekends........

Thanks James!

Reply to
Allen