Central Locking V70

When the central locking and alarm on my 2001 V70 is released using the remote / keyfob after 2 minutes it resets and locks again.

I noticed that this happened this morning car locked again as we did not open the door within two minutes, but my daughter opened the rear door the alarm went off.

Can anyone tell me what is supposed to happen if the car central locking is activated but the car is not entered within the two minute window.

Reply to
carol

It is supposed to re-lock itself two minutes after unlocking.

/Erik Lidén

Reply to
Erik Lidén

I thought that was the situation relocking after two minutes if a door was not opened.

When the doors relock do they relock in the same way as if the alarm had been reactivated using the key fob / remote. Why was my daughter able to open a rear door and have the alarm activate itself.

Reply to
carol

I don't understand! At what stage did your daughter open the rear door - and was she inside or outside at the time?

Once the doors had re-locked after 2 minutes, she shouldn't have been *able* to open the door from the outside - it should have been *locked*!

Nobody should be *inside* when the alarm is activated!

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Bonnet Lock

My after-market system does the same thing. Don't lock the doors but wait two minutes, then it's supposed to lock the doors, arm the immobiliser and arm the alarm. It only does the second two, so when you open any door it sets off the alarm. Is this what happened to you?

Reply to
Andrew McKenna

Yes, that is what happened. She was not in the car but outside.

She was able to open the rear door after the car had re-alarmed, the alarm then went off.

Reply to
carol

No, it also locks the doors.

Reply to
carol

[It would make it a lot easier to make sense of your posts if you were to follow the normal usenet convention of posting at the *bottom* of the thread - so that the conversation follows in a logical order. I have attempted to adjust it! Note that what I am typing will correctly appear *below* your post, not *above* it. Please do the same when you next reply!]

To get back to the question about locking . . .

Is it just a question of timing - in that it arms the alarm *before* it locks the doors - so that the problem only occurs if you open the door during this time gap?

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Bonnet Lock

Then perhaps it was just a timing issue. She opened the door the instant the alarm was set and as it was trying to lock the doors. The locking takes longer than setting the alarm since it is a mechanical motion. This has happened to us a couple times. We opened a door the very instant the alarm went on and before the door lock had finished activating. Our alarm and locks work just fine, but the locks are slower than the alarm to activate.

Reply to
Stephen Henning