changing oil seals, timing belt-NEED ADVICE!

FOR A '92 740 TURBO... I have been informed that the front camseal and probably valve cover gasket need replacing, as well as possibly part of the PCV system. Lotsa oil in timing belt compartment, and probably hasn't been replaced in a while, so doing that, too. Replaced water pump last summer, so that's still cool (I think). I have a Chilton's book, but am having trouble figuring out intake manifold, PCV valve locations. There are seemingly reliable diagrams, but I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated(digital photos anyone?). Also, I've read that a special Volvo tool may be necessary in dealing w/cam shaft. Let me know, and thanks in advance.

--Matt E.

Reply to
arterialturns

You shouldn't have to deal with any of that stuff to do the timing belt and cam seals. The camshaft and intake manifold are left in place. Do make sure the breather is clear so you don't blow out a new seal though if that is in fact what's happened.

Reply to
James Sweet