Choose Tries

Hi

Need new front tires. Continental Premium Contact got good scores in Car magazine. But i also see Continental Sport Contact exsist. Can anyone give the opinions of those tires? Planning a trip to Nürburgring and want good tires.

Thanks

Tommy Fallsen

Reply to
Tommy Fallsen

Get the round black ones.

What kind of car? What kind of load? What kind of Roads? What kind of Driving?

Jack

Reply to
Jack G

It's a 1998 S70. Good handling is important, and low noise level.

Reply to
Tommy Fallsen

I'd first off start with having the same tire all the way around, yes the Conti's are decent tires. Depends on what you want to accomplish. If you plan on racing on the Nurburgring, then, well........ you'd need something much more aggressive ;).

It is important that the rear tires match the front no matter what, different tread compounds on the same axle is a definate no-no, but I dislike mismatching front/rears as well. You can't predict how well balanced the car will be afterwards in a panic situation (ie: which tires would loose grip first, etc..., car manufacturers build in a certain amount of understeer for passenger cars).

Consult your tire sales person on which is the best tire you can afford, don't go for the cheapest there is.

Reply to
Myron Samila

I'll be going with ContiSportContact2 on my A4 mainly due to low noise levels and comfort, while still offering decent handling.

But if you want really good handling and you'll be tracking the car with these tires, then you don't want any of the Contis - they're generally geared more towards comfort - soft sidewalls.

For track, you want something along the lines of Bridgestone S-03, Toyo T-1S, or the new Michelin Pilot Sport 2.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete