Cleaning out sun roof drains

My sun roof decided to leak on me today (literally). When I got home and the rain stopped, I rolled the sunroof back and saw standing water in the grooves. Figuring the drains were blocked, I took a look and couldn't see anything. Scratching my head as to what to do, I decided to snake something down through the drain until it cleared the clog. Several tools were attempted without success, but a heavy duty mountain bike brake cable worked great- the right combination of flexibility and stiffness.

Hopefully the raindrops will no longer be falling on my head!

Reply to
Tim McNamara

Great idea... Also, if you need something longer try a tandem mountain bike brake cable.

I'm gonna hit my bike parts box and get out a cable to put in my car tool box!

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.