Cleaning the Intercooler

Recently I drove across Canada in my 1998 V70T5. On my way back I noticed power loss at higher RPM's. On my return I looked at the intercooler and it was filled with bugs. I was wondering what would be the best way to clean these out. I am considering using a toothbrush and my shop vac. any other suggestions?

Thanks,

.....Peter

P.S. To reply directly remove the "-remove" and ".comment" from my e-mail

Reply to
peter

Remove intercooler and then use pressure washer to clear out bugs from back to front.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Probably you're seeing the bugs in the condensor, which is the first heat exchanger exposed to the wind. The best way is to flush them back out the way they came in, but with the rad and intercooler in the way that's not going to be too effective. What you're suggesting is probably the best way, although softening them up by getting and keeping them wet for a while makes them easy (but messy) to wash away. I've found a long drive in heavy rain just makes them disappear.

Reply to
Mike F