Coating to prevent plastic yellowing...????

I have just replaced the headlights on my 1990 740...the plastic lenses are clear like they should be...I would like to keep them clear....

Does anyone know of a coating, or a means to prevent the fogging/yellowing that occurs on these headlights....??

Thanks in advance for any help.......sno

Reply to
sno

Don't expose the lights to UV light from the sun... It's the plastic, there isn't much you can do according to people I've talked to in the plastics industry... why the newer cars don't seem to do it anymore, or not nearly as badly - better plastics are on the market now.

There are some rub on compounds tho, I use PlastX scratch/swirl remover, but for your application it's the wrong product.... I use it on the jewel type headlamp covers on my VW Golf - gets the white off my clear lenses.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
John Robertson