Coming back to the fold...

Morning folks,

After being in a motoring desert for the last four years since selling the 740 estate, I've decided to return to the Volvo fold and get myself a rear wheel drive Estate (wagon). I've started looking around but would welcome a bit of an update on my existing knowledge (mostly gained here in the past).

I'm almost certainly looking at a 940 on the basis that they're easier to find in good condition than 740's (though I'm aware there are still some gems out there with a little searching). I'm definitly after the "red block" 2.0 or 2.3 as I loved the torque characteristic of those engines, ideally with single point injection. Was never that fond of the dohc job, though no doubt it was by no means a bad lump. Gearbox-wise I'm looking for either a 5-speed manual or AW automatic (latter preferred).

Diesel? I've never owned a Volvo diesel but I'm completely open to owning one, but would welcome experiences. Was there ever a diesel with auto box?

I have seen a very tidy 940SE Turbo, but it has the 4-speed plus overdrive. If anything ever went wrong with that box, is it a straight-swap for the 5-speed?

If anyone knows of anything in the Norfolk, UK area, don't be shy in telling me about it.

I'm now off to thoroughly catch up on the last four years postings here!

Cheers,

Graham W

Reply to
Graham W