Compact disc player

Has anyone had a problem with the CD changer in a 2000 S80? My changer currently has two CD's stuck in it, and I can't seem to find any way to remove them. Is there a manual override, that can remove the CD's or what? Also, it is the factory installed stereo, and I really don't want to have to take it back to the dealership to have this problem fixed. Thanks

Reply to
Jeremy

Don't know about the S80. Seems like the changer is problematic in any car, specifically the transport mechanism (error 1 or 2 message?). Disconnecting power (pull out the fuse to the radio/changer) and reconnect sometimes get the transport working again. I ended up replacing the 6 CD changer/radio with a new headunit - much better and newer technology (CD, mp3, usb, sd card, blue tooth, satellite and HD radio, iPod, etc.) for not so much money.

Reply to
Frank

You are probably right, Thanks for the info!

Reply to
Jeremy

Stuck in the 4-disc changer in the dash, and keeps giving an error msg.! How annoying

Reply to
Jeremy