Correct Body Dimensions for '76 244 GL ?

Hi I own a 1976 244 GL. We are building a new house with 2-car garage. It will have a rear access door that is 1930 mm in width. I have found the body dimensions for an '82 240 Sedan ( 4,790(L) x 1,710(W) x

1,430(H)mm ). My questions are:

1) Are these the correct dimensions for the '76 model?

2) If they are (or very close) , will it fit through the rear access door (including the two side-view mirrors)? My guess is that it will be a tight fit.

Thanks in advance for your time! Bruce

Reply to
R Bruce Backman

Overall width of the body on the 200 series didn't change. Mirrors may add or subtract a few cm. Why not just open the front door windows on your car and measure from mirror tip to mirror tip?

Reply to
Mike F