D.I.Y. windsheild replacement

I have a little rust at the A-pillar (area of attachment of the antenna) and must remove the windscheild to repair.

I am thinking of putting in the new windsheild myself (the later windshield model). Has anybody tried this. If yes, any advice ?

Thanks in advance.

Malnitz

Reply to
malnitz

You had better tell us the model and year of your car so that the correct information can be sent to you. There are several different methods in use.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Whatever your car, I can almost guaranty that you won't get it out without cracking it. And since no job like ever goes perfect without a little practice, and the penalty for getting it wrong is pretty high, this is something I'd leave to the pros. I'm not sure where you are, but around my area, you can get these guys to come to your house, pull the windshield out, then come back and put it in later.

Reply to
Mike F

In the days when windshields were held in by rubber gaskets it was practical for schmoes like us to remove and reinstall them (although reinstalling them was a lot harder than it sounded, even with good string.) Modern windshields are held in by adhesive, and are a job best left to pros.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee