Dash "Squeak" 1995 854T

Since my dealer replaced various parts of the AC system 2 years ago, I hear an intermittent "squeak" coming from the dash when driving over rough roads and roads with prominent expansion strips. If I push forward on the top edge of the dash/cowl above the gearshift, or if I push upward on the bottom of the dash in front of the gearshift, the squeaking stops.

I know this is damned hard to diagnose with so little info, but I wondered if anyone has expert knowledge on the way the 850 dash/cowl is held in place, and what might be the cause and remedy for this. Aside from this squeak, this car is still a pleasure to own. But the squeak gets tiresome.

Rick

Reply to
Java Man

You may want to visit volvospeed.com and check out the info on the dash. I would check to see if everything is already tight, then try loosening a screw at a time slightly, to locate a stress point. You can get adhesive-backed felt at craft stores, which you can insert in between gaps to prevent rubbing squeaks, which is what the NVH engineers use in the auto industry

Reply to
Jeff Lesperance

Thanks! I browsed volvospeed.com and found several diagrams and explanations. Great reference!

Rick

Reply to
Java Man