deep cycle batteries: cranking & best-buys

my battery does appear to be holding a charge. i dont think its the alternator; my `84 240 wagon runs fine when its started, but even turning it off at the gas station will leave me needing another jump.

i have a heavy duty inverter in my car which is unused, lacking a deep cycle battery. i use it every now and then to power up my laptop. my question is, can you crank off a deep cycle battery? i'd rather buy one expensive battery than a starter+expensive deep cycle. i just dont know if deep cycle batteries have problems providing high drain cranking.

does anyone have suggestions for deep cycle batteries? the optima blue and yellow tops are $110 at pep boys. i'm half tempted just to do that.

if i need a seperate cranking battery, what should i expect to pay?

thanks a million Myren

Reply to
myren, lord

$110 for an Optima Yellow sounds like a great deal. I paid $170 for mine via Interstate. -- NickZ.

myren, lord wrote:

Reply to
Nick Zervas

Reply to