default Radio Code for Volvo Radio SR-701

Having changed my battery after 5yrs on my Volvo 760 the radio is looking for the code. The last time a Volvo dealer changed the batery and I have no idea what they would have set it to.

Is their a default code? or how do I get it reset?

Regards

Reply to
brodan

Should have been stuck in your owners handbook or the folder it came in. Take to dealer and ask for code to match your VIN.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Go to (or call) the dealer who changed your battery. They would have had to retrieve the code for your radio to reset it afterwards. They probably still have it on file.

If that is not an option, go to any other Volvo dealer. Some may try to charge you to retrieve the code for you, some won't in my experience.

There is no default code by all accounts, nor can the dealer change it. They just have to find out what the original one is and type it in after reconnecting the radio to the battery.

(Keep a note of it, but not in the car! :-)

-Peter

Reply to
Peter Huebner

When you have been able to switch your radio on again you can reset the code to what you will quite simply, even to zero code.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

sometime does volvo have the code in a database ,

otherwise can you order through the serienummret that you can read of on the sterion

then will volvo logging to an database there many volvo&renault codes stands

here in sweden it cost volvo about 12$ to search for an code and they takes aboute 16$ from the customer

but if we have it typed in our database the customer often receives it for free

against identification

with kind regards : Volvo Worker

"brodan" skrev i meddelandet news:cosd41$ci1$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com...

Reply to
Didde

Called the dealer and he gave me the code from their DB

Reply to
brodan