Disconnect battery to clear non-fault?

The light will reset itself after the car goes through 3 check cycles, or "trips" without the fault reoccurring. On my '98 V70 a "trip" is accomplished in my drive to work which includes 15 min highway, 15 min stop and go, about 35 km total. The fault will be stored in memory with the light out for 40 warmup cycles (which is more involved than a trip). So you can safely ignore the light.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks Mike.

Cheers,

P.

Reply to
mr_peter_stevenson

The light stayed on for over 1 week of normal usage (every day)

Eventually it was put out by a Volvo garage engineer for the price of a pint when the boss wasn't looking!

Cheers,

P.

Reply to
mr_peter_stevenson