Disconnecting 240 Fuel Injector Electrical Connectors (what have I done?)

How do you remove the electrical connector at the top of the fuel injector? I have a fuel leak in the area of the injector. I turned the injector around trying to determine exactly where the leak was and tried pulling the wire off the top to get it out of the way. Now, I am thinking I broke something because the engine is missing. These connectors don't come off like a spark plug wire.

Reply to
DL152279546231

LH Jet injectors? You push in the wire clip and it pulls straight off.

Reply to
James Sweet

1986 240 wagon non turbo
Reply to
DL152279546231

There should be a clip that you push in if not there might be the early type that you need to remove one side to remove connector Glenn

Reply to
G Klein

Well, too late, I pulled one of the wires through the connector and now I don't know how to fix it. I got the connector off the top of the injector but in previous attempts I forced it and I can see the wire end pulled out of place. How do I fix this? Cut the wires and find a replacement in a salvage yard splicing in with solderless connectors? Or?

Reply to
DL152279546231

Can you get the rubber boot off the connector and resolder the wires? If not you have two simple options, either go to a junkyard and snip off a connector with enough wire on it that you can make a splice, or search around online and buy a new Bosche injector pigtail and splice it in. A third option would be to get that whole portion of the wiring harness from a junkyard or buy it new, if it's the original harness it's probably deteriorating anyway as '86 was one of the bad years for that. Reminds me I need to order a new engine harness for my mom's '86 sometime soon.

Reply to
James Sweet