Do I need 2 or 4 wheel alignment on a front wheel drive car?

I would think I just needed a 2 wheel alignment for the wife's front wheel drive car but then somewhere I've read stated its better to have a 4 wheel alignment done. Now I'm confused so a little advice will be appreciated.

Reply to
Jack

Some cars are adjustable in the rear end to ensure that the rear tyres follow in the tracks of the front when driving in a straight line. Otherwise your can may crab, that is, the rear wheels are slightly off to one side. It can affect cornering a bit too.

Paul

Reply to
XYZ

Yes, you should always align all 4 wheels whenever possible. (Some cars have no or minimal adjustment in some locations.)

Reply to
Mike F