Does SeaFoam really remove carbon?

Purchased a can the other day and soaked my parts over night to remove carbon. Nothing, didn't do a thing, ended up using a wire brush to remove the carbon. In all farness I didn't use heat, just room temperature. I see application of this stuff to clean out the carbon build-up inside the engine, but all I see is bunch of smoke. I see kids use on their hot rods, maybe its more for show.

Reply to
Frank

John Robertson