Drain radiator

I need to drain some coolant out of a V40 2002, where is the plug and is it clock or anti clock to open, I dont want to break the valve. Previous owner has near pure antifreeze and I get little interior heat, I checked it with a new Prestone needle gauge. It has so much antifreeze it wont even register a %.

Reply to
ransley
~^ beancounter ~^

I usually squeeze the upper hose a few times once it's warmed up and that does a good job of getting the air out. After that just check it after a few days of normal driving to make sure everything is ok.

Reply to
James Sweet
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Antifreeze doesnt transfer heat as well as water, the idiots did have pure antifreeze in it, I put in 3 quarts of water in a 6 qt system and now my heat comming inside is about 20 degrees hotter.

Reply to
Jon Robertson

the air should purge itself after a bit of driving...cooling, warm up, etc... just keep an eye on the level over the next few days and it should become stable...

Reply to
Jon Robertson