drive trane vibration

Group,

I've got a 90' 740GL wagon w/200000 mi. and I just replace the transmition mount and rear shocks. It still had a noise in the motor and I isolated it to the water pump going out so I replaced that and now I've still got more noise than I'm used to in the drive trane area. I have loosened the cross bar back up and the bolt bracket that runs through the cross member to see if they were in any kind of bind. There does seem to be some tension in this area as I try and bolt everything back up. I'm sensitive to this vibration because about 5 year ago I had to replace the rear bushing in the tranny a couple of times and I finally replaced the carrier bearing assembly and had the drive shafts balanced and that fixed the wearing on the tail bushing so I haven't had that problem again and don't want to go through that again.

Thanks for considering this problem, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce