E brake "clunk"

Every so often on my 85 245, I have to pull up on my E brake to release it. It's not slowing me down, or snagging, but I can hear it a bit like it's rubbing.

So when I pull up on the handle, I hear a clunk (like a hammer hitting the disc). What should I be looking for when I inspect the set-up?

Thankfully, this is once in a blue moon.

Reply to
Blazer Fan Dan