E-code conversion question

Maybe you guys in Europe can answer this one. My brother lives in Germany and I was thinking of having him purchase everything necessary to convert the headlights on a US spec 1977 245 to the e-code setup. He'd stuff it in his luggage on his next trip stateside. What are my options as far as square versus rectangular design? What parts would he need to buy (part numbers would be great!) and how much would he be looking at spending in Euros? Is there a good source of used parts that might be cheaper or am I better off getting new?

Nope, I don't even have the car yet!

Have you asked IPD about their Euro lamp items?

All the best, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

What headlights does that car have now? I don't recall what they used on the wagons but if you have the large single round lights it's very easy to get drop-in E-code replacements, no need to even go to Germany. If it has the four round lights you can get similar units to fit in their place. If you want the big rectangular lamps that's a tough one as the European sheetmetal changed in '81 so only a few years used them over there and by now they're all over 25 years old so it's very difficult to find a good pair.

Reply to
James Sweet