electrical socket drain

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the electrical socket (cigarette lighter) in the back of the V70 (2002) has a cut off to stop a piece of equipment (such as an electric cool box) from draining the car battery completely?

I've recently returned from a camping trip where I used the socket to keep the cool box going even when the car engine was off, and only unplugged it over night. However I did worry a bit that at some point I would completely drain the battery and be left asking for help from someone to jump start the car. I would therefore be grateful if someone could let me know for the future whether I should worry, of if the car will automatically detect that the battery is getting low and stop current to the socket.

Many thanks.

Dan

Reply to
danriding