EMERGENCY FLASHERS

I'M HAVING SOME STRANGE THINGS HAPPENING TO MY 94 850 TURBO VOLVO WAGON. ON SATURDAY MY BOYFRIEND DROVE THE CAR TO THE STORE ABOUT 2-3 MLES FROM HOME. AN HOUR LATER WHEN MY BOYFRIEND REACH INSIDE THE PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW TO UNLOCK THE DOOR TO GET IN, THE EMERGENCY FLASHER JUST CAME ON, AND WHEN I TRIED TO START THE CAR IT WOUND NOT START. AFTER MESSING AROUND AND TRYING TO GET THE FLASHER TO GO OFF, THEY JUST WENT OFF BY ITSELF, BUT IT STILL WOULD NOT START. THE NEXT DAY I WENT OUT TO START IT AND IT STARED UP JUST FINE. THIS MORNIG WHEN I PARKED MY CAR TO CATCH MY RIDE TO WORK, I OPENED MY DOOR TO GET SOMETHING FROM THE BACK, AND THE FLASHERS START FLASHING AGAIN. IT ALSO WOULD'NT START. AFTER FLASHING FOR ABOUT FIVE MINUTES IT STOPPED. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I'M THINKING IT'S IN THE WIRING, BUT I'M NOT SURE.

Reply to
SWEETT110365 via CarKB.com

When you lock the doors it sets the alarm. The alarm can only be de-activated by unlocking the door with the key or the remote fob. When your boyfriend reached through the window and unlocked the door with the knob he set off the alarm which also kills the starter. You can reset the alarm by locking and unlocking the door with the key.

Try locking and unlocking the door with the key a few times and see if it straightens out.

Reply to
Allen