engine swap question

I need some good advice. I have a 1989 240 wagon that the engine (B230F) is shot. I also have a 1978 240 sedan that the body is rusted out but has a stong running (B21F).

Could i swap these engines complete without encountering alot of problems ?

Thanks Dave

Reply to
D. Kocher

Dave, They have different injection systems which means you would have to plug the K-Jet holes in the head and switch intakes. There are also different sensors for the LH-2.2 which may or may not have the proper holes in the B-21 block/head. This added to the smaller displacement would lead to a difficult and disapointing end result. Much better idea to off the '78 as a parts car and look for an '88 or later B230. Dave Shannon snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Spring Valley CA)

1988 240 DL 18X,XXX 1985 240 Ti 20X,XXX 1984 245 DL 20X,XXX 1984 245T 19X,XXX '01 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 10K
Dave Shannon